Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunnier days ahead.

My dad called on Friday and pointed out I hadn't updated the blog in a while. He also asked if we still had snow on the ground. Why, yes, we do.

We climbed into the upper 30s here today, which in Minnesota standards is "a nice day". We're back into the melting cycle once more. But before it all escapes us, I thought I'd get a few shots around the house. These are for you, Dad!

Backyard. It's still a good 1-2 feet deep in some places.


I like to call this Hubbard Pond. AKA the driveway. And reason #1 for mudjacking this sucker.


I'm really looking forward to not being blind-sided when I back out of the driveway.

Now, onto other matters. Like painted furniture.

I painted my nightstand. I've wanted to do this for a looong time. I know wood purists out there are laughing that I painted it brown (nutmeg, technically), but I love it. It was a twist from my wanting to paint all of our bedroom furniture in antique white. My favorite is the green knob. I look at this and think: wedding colors! It blends nicely with the other colors in the room.


And then I went and painted this crate. And hated it. It's intended for our kitchen, which is green and yellow. I was going to paint it white and yellow then in a last-minute decision, went for blue. It looks like it could be in a baby's room (no baby rooms here!). But it's growing on me. I know it's totally sloppy and needs to be finished; I just had to convince myself of the colors first.

I also made myself a totally imperfect, but perfectly useful new phone case. It's a template as I begin making one for Louis. Thankfully his phone is rectangular as opposed to my oblong-shaped phone and should be easier. This was very much a trial and error project and 100% copied from a picture of a seller on etsy. What?

And in not so far from the house business: Louis has about 1 million meetings a week with the bike board he has joined, I attended an environmental coalition meeting in the neighborhood and met super-cool earth-loving folks (our 'hood gets better and better), and drum roll...


We joined the gym. I was a total hater when Louis brought up the idea. I will admit I had gym phobia. I am hopeful there is some serious sanitation of those machines happening daily, multiple times a day would be better. :)

So that's life at HoHub the past few weeks.

Don't forget, Dad. All this snow will melt and head YOUR way soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment