Monday, February 28, 2011

Jumping the gun.

March is a mere few hours away, which means St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. Or...17 days and a few hours around the corner.

At any rate, after drooling over many food blogs as of late, I keep stumbling across beautiful cookies. Now, I love cookies AND I love beautiful things. Enter a recipe for chocolate sugar cookies (yes, please) and I'm sold.  Soooo, I had to buy a shamrock cookie cutter and I just had to begin testing these cookies out in order to really perfect them within the next 17 days.

While this isn't a food blog, these cookies are pretty darn crafty.

Piping the cookies with intensity. Note: cookie in left hand "on deck".

Flooding the cookies.

Filling in the flooding with a toothpick and frosted fingers.

Voila!


Louis' favorite.


My favorite.


I'm taking orders for cookies now so I can quit my day job.  (Kidding. About the quitting part. I'll gladly accept offers for you to pay me to bake, however.)



Chocolate sugar cookie recipe, royal icing tutorial, and other deliciousness found here:  Annie's Eats.

3 comments:

  1. cute! hearts in frosting inside of shamrock cookies?!?! love it! are you going to wear green and go drink with the McDonnalds on st. patties day? (please say yes, please say yes... i miss that so much)
    lets have a phone date soon- is there a time that's good for you? i'm pretty much free every night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll certainly be wearing green, but I'm out of the loop with the McDonald's celebration.

    I'm open for a phone date Saturday or Sunday or any day next week M-Wed. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cookies were delicious and beautiful! thanks 4 sharing!

    ReplyDelete