Thursday, February 3, 2011

It had to be done.

From my calculations, it has been approximately 2 months, 2 days, 12 hours and 3 minutes since our first mouse sighting.  Or sometime in early December, if you're counting.

It is now early February, winter seems it will never go away and neither will our little mouse problem.  If you're tracking, we caught three all in a span in late December.  And in January we were taunted.  No actual sightings, but it/they left a few droppings to let us know he/they were still around.  The carpenter's cloth couldn't hold them back, the steel wool either, the sticky traps clearly not good enough, and not even the peppermint sachets.

So Louis hit the hardware store for traps.  And this time he was serious.


Okay, I'm kidding.  But who remembers this game?  It was awesome and terrible at the same time.  Fun to play but literally fell apart in your hands, right?

These were the ticket our 4th time around:


Louis even baited 'em with peanut butter.

And guess what we found under the cavernous stove tonight?  Just guess.  No photo available (that's just gross).

Pleeeeaaase let this be the last of them.  I want my drawers AND my oven drawer back.  It has been 2 months, 2 days, 12 hours, and, oh 12 minutes now since I've been able to use my oven drawer.

Your visit is most unwelcome and has seriously been overstayed.

1 comment:

  1. Guess What?!?!? I saw a little furry friend two nights ago in the living room. Noooo! I immediately thought of the yellow house and then I thought of you and your current saga. I see no evidence of mice taking up residence in the kitchen yet, and everything that could be gotten at by little visitors is stored in rubbermade bins (for that very reason - I'm paranoid). Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete