Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our latest houseguest

You may have noticed the rogue dog in a photo from a recent post.  No, he's not ours.

This is Basil, and he is on day 8 of 11 of his stay at HoHub.  Not that I'm counting down or anything...


This is one of his preferred spots, sheltered under the table.  I've found him here almost every day when I've come home from work, with the exception to the night I found him licking the living room rug.  It's fine by me if he wants to hang under the table as his true nature is to herd me.  Riiight.  Nearly tripping over the dog every turn I took didn't work out so well.  He's learned his role.  I do not need herding!

His other tricks this week have included helping take out the trash.  His third attempt was by far the worst.


Happy Valentine's Day from Basil!  The fun didn't stop there, though.  It seems he may have tasted a few tissue treats.  He proceeded to vomit them on our bedroom floor at 1am.  Thank you, Louis, for cleaning that up.  He got kicked to the living room to sleep for the night.  And when I laid awake for the next THREE hours unable to get back to sleep, I heard him claw at the rug, not once, but twice.

I'll give him some retribution.  He could be worse.  Okay, okay...he is a very nice dog.  He is well trained and does not bark.

So...you can guess which 1/2 of HubHo took "getting a puppy this spring" off the table.  I'll consider putting it back on.  I figure I'll need a dog to be able to embrace children some day.  I could be okay being a pet-less, child-less adult, but I'd have some pretty strong convincing to do of the other 1/2 of this house...


1 comment: