Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Candy wrappers, bubbles, a piece of a kite, and several bricks

These are the things we'll be growing in the garden this summer. Kidding. These are the things I unearthed in the garden this past weekend.


From 40 degrees at the beginning of the week to the first few days of 70s for the year, it was time to get outside and get to work on our yard!

So I pulled out the rakes and got to work. I forgot to take a before picture, so here's the work in progress. Lots of dried-up plants from last year.

I don't remember what was growing here when we moved in last August, but I'm thinking this concrete-blocked mini garden behind the garage could be good for some herbs.


And clear! Now the weeds can grow up. Check out that massive rhubarb!


Sigh. No tulips yet, but they're trying. They don't get as much sun due to the fence.


But my hyacinths have triumphed!

We also put together our rain barrel. And I convinced Louis to take this shot:



Here's the Systern all cozied up to the house. Glad we got it in place because we're in for a lot of rain the next few days it seems.

We picked up a few plants over the weekend, but we're still deciding what to put in the garden. I also dug up at least 10 plant tags--not sure what is actually still growing back in the garden, but I'm nervous to start digging too much to disturb perennials and Native plants.

Today we hit 80. As predicted, spring was skipped. Here's hoping for some more near-normal temperatures. I'm off to Seattle for the weekend anyhow.


No comments:

Post a Comment