Monday, June 20, 2011

How our garden grows

In fits and starts, the backyard garden is finally complete! I've developed some serious yard envy walking around our neighborhood. So, nearly a month after buying most of my plants, I finally got them in the ground.

Spring beginnings. Rhubarb starts to shoot up. April 12, 2011.




Clearing out the dead brush. Rhubarb takeover begins! May 7, 2011.

Tilling and weeding and tilling and weeding. June 8, 2011.

And....finally some serious progress!

Onions and tomatoes.

Path in to the garden.

My little brick wall housing some perennials and annuals.

Things are looking pretty green back here! June 12, 2011.


Before:


And after:


Of course, this is just one of many, many gardens in our yard. For example...

The garden along the fence. Note my un-hanging basket. It's too heavy and rain-soaked to hang from the pole. Fail.

So far we've had irises, daisies, those yellow flowers in the photo above, and several other flowers/plants that I can't identify/don't know the name (plus a million weeds I have yet to pull). However, my mom would tell you that even this is progress. I used to hate flower shopping with her as a kid!

With the porch floor painted and garden in better shape, that leaves me with assembling a clothesline and filling in the holes in the driveway for my summer projects. I have a few extras I'll be sneaking onto that list, though. :)

1 comment:

  1. the garden looks fantastic! I can just taste your rhubarb desserts

    ReplyDelete