Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Project: Bunting

Another confession: I love bunting (not baseball, not baby), but bunting banners. To me, they are eye candy. And for no reason at all, other than the shear pleasure of getting to look at one every day, my bunting project was born.

Before this bunting, though, there was wedding bunting. When Louis and I got married this summer, our lovely colleagues (shoutout to DMV, Elana, and Mattie!) decorated our desks! I adore my bikes/bride and groom bunting so much that it also decorated the cake table at our wedding and is now hanging in our home "office".


I especially love the wedding dresses on the plastic Dora toy and the kangaroo another colleague brought me back from Australia. :) Anyway, on to my bunting...

It was as simple as picking up a pack of fabric quarters for a mere $4.99. The best part about this was that I didn't have to find my own scrap fabric in corresponding patterns/colors.



The process here was pretty simple: cut out as many triangles from the fabric as possible (using my homemade snapfish cardboard stencil, of course). I confess that before it became a cardboard stencil. I cheated and printed a paper offline after googling "bunting template". I'm too much of a perfectionist to free-hand something like this.


And a quick iron of the 36 new triangles.

From there, I had purchased a 1-inch wide sheer yellow ribbon, which I folded in half at the top over my evenly-spaced out triangles and simply began to sew a quick running stitch across the top.


And that was it! The bunting is now living on the porch. It's fun to see the bright colors in the foreground as the leaves on the trees out front begin to change. I'm currently enjoying said bunting from my perch on the porch on this lovely near-70s last day of September. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment