Monday, January 3, 2011

The best Christmas present ever.

Merry belated Christmas from hoHub!  While Louis and I were home for Christmas Eve, we hit the road early on Christmas morning en route to Iowa.

To kick things off, here is a photo from yore.  What a cheeseball.  Just look how excited I am for that dustbuster!  Check out the burned photo strip image on the side, too.  Oh, the 90s...

Well, the 90s dustbuster met its match of the 2010 shop vac!  I don't have a photo of that.  With three cameras clicking, the only shots I have to share here are from Louis' iphone.

We got into town in the afternoon.  Christmas was relocated for the first time ever from the living room to the family room due to new furniture.


Louis got some new Lego's!  (And forgot some of them in IA!  Dear family:  please send the alien and chopper up north!)


And I was sleepy from the drive, so I took a rest on my sister's new panda pillow pet.



We were totally spoiled with gifts.  And my sisters, the present-wrappers this year, held off on one package for me, labeled "open last".  They said it was my best gift and oh boy, were they right!

Pajamas!!


Not just any pajamas.


Anyone who owned the Molly American Girl doll should know what I'm talking about.  I got Molly for Christmas in 1992 from my grandparents.  I was two days shy of nine.  It was one of those synchronized, open-your-present-at-the-exact-same-time-as-your-cousin-because-you-got-the-same-thing moments.  And in 1993, I got a sister named Molly.  But I digress from the pajamas.


These were Molly McIntire's pjs and for as much as I wanted them (and yes, they totally market dress-like-your-doll child size clothes) I never got them.



I think about them almost every winter.  And I may or may not have spent over two hours scouring the Internet in search of similar pjs not too long ago.  Apparently so did my mom!

She hoped they were the right size...


And then I took it a step further...


They fit!  (Over my clothes, at least). :) 

Ah Christmas, I miss you already! :(

The next day my sister was flipping channels and Sarah Palin's show came on...I was completely mesmerized.

See?

Nice shot of my snowgirl stocking in the background!

That's all.  More later on the second greatest--nay--greatest day of the year:  my golden b-day!


Molly Mcintyre images from here.  Where else?



No comments:

Post a Comment