Saturday, November 6, 2010

"give thanks" bunting

It's been a rough week.  Thank goodness for crafting to get me through! Back when I picked up the supplies for the birthday bunting banner, I also snatched a pack of fabric quarters that were primary colors with a subtle leaf print on each.  They would be perfect for my "give thanks" banner!  I've slowly been working away at this one and just put the finishing touches on last night.

The only changes I made since the last banner were to make my triangles a bit bigger since the letters felt scrunched before, I used a different font (Cicle Semi, downloaded for free on dafont.com), and rather than sewing the triangles to the bias tape, I took the lazy route and used fabric glue (why did I not think of this before?).

I love it.  Thank goodness I don't believe in decorating for Christmas a day before December 1 because I never want to take this down.



1 comment: