Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Counting down...

Even amidst the snow, the crazy shoppers, and the pile of presents in our living room, it still doesn't quite feel like Christmas, and I know why.  Usually by now I'd be home, among what I call the "Christmas crazy", doing my part on whatever needed to still be done:  wrap, bake, clean.  Instead, I'm here in Minnesota through Christmas Eve and Louis and I hit the road "south" on Christmas morning.  Three years I've been with Louis and we finally get a Christmas together this year!

No crazy here, only calm.  Here was the sight of our tree and loot on Monday night before presents started to be gifted away.  Apparently "big" was the theme this year.

Only a matter of hours before more of it starts to disappear.  That upside-down snowman package is mine from Louis and I have ZERO clue on what it is.

On the baking front, first, good news:  our mouse problem is no more!  That little guy is history (and I'm sorry, but it had to be done), which means I have reclaimed my baking drawer.  Whew.  We are keeping vigil for signs of others, but so far so good.  Anyway, I have 3 types of cookies baked, with 2 to go and one other surprise treat.  I have a million cookies and I'm not done baking.  What have I done?

I decided that I'd prevent baking fatigue with an all-day session and have spread it out over the course of the past few weeknights.  And since I'm technically now done with work for the year (but my nagging inbox says otherwise), I've got tomorrow to finish my baking.  And Louis will still be at work so it's a guarantee the Christmas music will be cranked!

No comments:

Post a Comment