Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There shall be garland

It really only took 2 days, more like a day, for me to cave.  Without a mantel* to string garland across, I had to come up with a way to get it on the stairs.

And then it hit me.  Thank you 3M and your Command hooks with sticky backs that can easily be removed.  So with an idea in mind I hit the holiday department once more.  I came out with garland, a set of white lights, 2 berry picks, and 3 poinsettia clips (what is it with me and those flowers this year?).

Since I struggled on my own getting everything together, no action shots were taken.  But here's the final product!

Coming in at under $14, it will do. :)  I need a bit more work to get it to hang just right, but for now, it makes me happy.  And I promise, it looks way better in person with the twinkling lights just barely lighting up the staircase. 

And the whole corner.  I really hate that monstrosity of a chair.  If it weren't so huge and comfortable...sigh.

Much better than before, right?

Happy December!  The official countdown to Christmas, vacation, and my b-day is ON!

*Oh, and the mantel:  there were three, THREE, at the Cottage House this past weekend, but none of them were just right.  The woman at the checkout looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they'd have more, sorta like, "Lady, there are three mantels in here and none of them work for you?" 

The first one I looooved:  just the arch-shaped bone structure, painted white, beautiful ornate detailing, but too big.  Like 3x what would look right where I want to put it.  And the other two were complete faux fireplaces (like fakey fire inside and all), one was brick (ick!), and the other I liked, but it was a bit too much all together...and too short.  The search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment