Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A golden panda birthday!

So my birthday is still technically five days away, but when you have a post-Christmas birthday you sort of get used to celebrating on days other than the actual day, such as bringing b-day treats to school before the holiday break.  Or the worst case scenario:  being forgotten in the holiday shuffle.  But not this year!

My colleagues pulled through and in an amazing way!  There were gifts, breakfast bagels, and oh my, the cube decor!  Louis snagged me away for a lunchtime errand yesterday (which I was pretty close to bailing on since "Christmas in the cube" had taken up some time just that morning), and I came back to this...

I rounded that corner, saw a LOT of black balloons and was a bit stunned (and also thinking, WTH?  I am NOT over the hill!).  But of course there was a theme.  Golden panda birthday!!!

Of course!

Check out my bow-tied laptop, mouse, stapler, phone, etc.  It was a little distracting to get much work done yesterday, but I batted away the balloons and worked away at my to-do list.


But had to stop every so often and stare at these cuties!

Panda bear lights!

If the theme doesn't make sense, then you don't know me well enough to know that:  1) I love pandas and 2) Monday is my golden birthday and for as long as I have known what a golden birthday is I have pretty much been expecting the day to be a big freaking deal.

So, thank you dear colleagues; DMV, my fab cubemate and co-b-day committee member; and my husband for tracking down what are apparently hard-to-find panda lights.  I was shocked, truly never saw this coming, and thoroughly enjoyed working out of my panda cave the rest of the afternoon. 

Here's to lucky # 27!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww!!! so cute! you totally win! (and have the best husband and co-workers ever)

    ReplyDelete